The Women's Industry Network currently has a position available for an
ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE ADMINISTRATOR.
The WIN Conference Administrator will assist with day-to-day WIN conference operations and administrative tasks to enable our conference co-chairs, WIN Board Liaisons, and conference sub-committee to focus on creating and delivering the WIN Annual Educational Conference each year. The Conference Administrator will be accountable to the WIN Conference Co-chairs and WIN Board Conference Liaisons. This person will have an annual term to be hired in July of each calendar year. An outgoing WIN Conference Administrator will be responsible for training a newly elected administrator and ensure a smooth transition.
Screening will begin June 2019 and continue until a successful candidate is selected. Applications will be accepted via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials should include a resume with a cover letter of interest that specifically addresses how the candidate’s experiences and qualifications meet the qualifications described in this position profile. Requests for additional information and/or written nominations may be sent to email@example.com.
1. Relevant work experience, including minimum of two (2) years each of administrative and
customer service experience
2. Previous experience interacting with WIN Board members, sponsors and vendors
3. Demonstrated skill and judgment in writing public-facing materials and posts
4. Must be tech savvy - computers, printers, scanners, mobile phone applications, Drop Box or
other storage medium
5. Prior WIN Conference Committee participation if preferred, but not a requirement to be
Conference Committee Support and Communication
• Historian of WIN Conference materials including, themes, requests for proposals (RFPs), hotel
• Librarian of WIN Conference materials, including photos and conference specific materials.
• Design, create, & deliver Conference event app or other selected medium each year
• Design, create and build Conference registration site in Your Membership (YM) or other selected
• Work with WIN Committees to ensure conference needs are timely requested
• Prepare delivery of requested materials from WIN committees regarding Conference.
(i.e. Scholarship, Communications, Membership. etc.)
• Manage Conference task calendar through communications with sub-committees/co-chairs
• Secure conference sub-committee reports in preparation for Conference Committee calls
• Create and deliver communications (emails, memos) at direction of Co-Chairs
• Capture notes and prepare minutes from committee calls
• Create queries for needed YM reports for conference sub-committees
• Assist WIN Communications Committee with Conference page on YM site
• Maintain Drop Box or similar medium for storage and access to Conference materials
• Maintenance of YM Conference site
• Picture/video management
• Participate in necessary YM (or other medium) training to stay current on all functionalities
• Work closely with WIN Administrator on needed tasks and assist WIN Administrator if requested.
• Manage WIN Conference Speaker presentations & sit with the AV person during the presentations
• Place orders for t-shirts and WIN gifts
• Manage Conference paid staff (check-in/badges/payments)
Overnight travel may be required once or twice per year for the annual WIN conference and/or other requested and approved meeting/events. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by WIN.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience - TBD ($15-20/hour).
Administrator will receive a promotional code for Conference fee waiver.
Conference travel will be paid by WIN.
The position includes no benefits other than a complimentary WIN membership.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
1 Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
2. Highly organized; takes initiative, sets priorities, follows through
3. Collaborative and eager to help others
4. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
5. Problem solver, finds and offers alternative solutions
6. Attentive to details and accuracy
7. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products
8. Proficient in Internet research, purchasing and shipping
9. Maturity and professional judgment, ability to maintain discretion with sensitive and confidential
10.Understands when and what situations require review/authorization by Co-Chairs, WIN Board
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
Term September - May part-time hours 10-12 hours per week; h
ours may increase with Co-Chair approval as needed January-May in preparation for annual conference.